Family-owned plumbing/drain cleaning/excavation company is growing and we’re looking for someone with experience to work with our excavation crews.
What are YOU looking for?
- Are you looking for a place you can call “home”, where you can stay for the long-term?
- Are you looking for steady work (40 hours each week)? But with a company that still values family time?
- Are you looking to join a company that is on the leading edge of technology (ask about CIPP), and one of a very few companies in the area that have this technology?
- Are you looking for a company that will value your skills and experience?
- Are you looking for a company that values your loyalty?
Then stop looking and send in your resume!!!
If you have a CDL - that’s a plus!! Our Excavation department repairs main sewer lines, rain drains, and water service lines all across the Portland and Vancouver metro areas. We do spot repairs & trenching, and also provide many trenchless options including boring, bursting & CIPP lining.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ONLY need to apply.
Facilitate the selling and scheduling of bid jobs, from preparing the proposals through to job completion. As a crew leader, you coordinate the activities and training of the crews. The crew leader is responsible for the coordination and operation of a crew consisting of up to 4 diverse members. The ideal candidate will also have experience operating various excavation equipment, such as a backhoe, drilling/boring machine, and a bursting machine.
- Prepare proposals, request locates and pull required permits for jobs bid in excess of $1000.
- Scheduling the job, including the assignment of all necessary equipment and personnel.
- Must ensure receipt of all necessary documentation, including signed contract, lien forms, etc.
- Work with numerous subcontractors, when necessary.
- Work with customers to address any service-related concerns.
- Coordinate, organize, and direct the activities of your assigned crew.
- Provide training and technical assistance to crew members as needed.
- Responsible for determining what equipment and supplies are needed for each job, each day.
- Responsible for workflow, tools, and vehicle maintenance of specific project and crew that are assigned to you.
- Collaborates with co-workers and supervisors in the management of projects to ensure project deadlines are maintained.
- Regular attendance and punctuality is a requirement of this position.
- A professional manner, and the ability to communicate effectively with other employees, customers, and the general public.
- Follow all company and OSHA regulated safety procedures.
- Accepts and performs work as assigned.
- Daily driving of various company vehicles.
- Communicating with customers, when needed, to “sell” the job.
- Work with various city inspectors and other city personnel to address permit issues.
- May operate various excavation equipment, including mini-excavators, backhoes, drilling/boring machines, bursting machines, jackhammers, and concrete saws.
- CDL drivers may, on occasion, drive various company vehicles (including towing equipment) that require a CDL license.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Typing skills and some working knowledge of computers and software.
- The previous background should include experience and ability to deal with customers.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure and at a fast pace.
- Good knowledge of Portland and Vancouver metro areas to facilitate efficient routing.
- Minimum 1-year experience as a crew leader.
- Valid driver’s license, insurable driving record, and must provide own transportation to shop each day. Having your own vehicle is ESSENTIAL.
- Knowledge and understanding of sewer systems a plus!
- Knowledge and understanding of OSHA requirements, including confined space.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background test and UA. If you can’t pass either of these — don’t apply !!!
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- This position will primarily work outside in all types of weather conditions and environments.
- The noise level in the environment may be loud and may require PPE.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 80 lbs, push & pull up to 80 lbs, and stand or walk for up to 8 hours each day.
- Must be able to dig/excavate for up to 6 hrs in a day.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; hear.
We offer great benefits, including health/dental/vision coverage, 401k, sick pay/PTO. And a great place to work!!!
If you have any questions about this posting feel free to contact our Excavation Supervisor, Ryan Bird 503.669.0774 (office) or 503.704.5454 (cell)
Fantastic customer service. We were out of town when tenants needed help with a plumbing issue. They let us know who was being dispatched to our house then followed up with a very detailed message post work. I would definitely use these guys again.
I can’t say enough good things about this company. Had a sewer repair needed and had a very short amount of time due to closing on a house sale. Every single person I encountered from Marquita doing logistics for my job to every member of the work crew. Friendly, communicated well, totally responsive and really cared to help me through this very stressful job. All of the people I encountered were role models for what a well run service business should be. Much thanks and appreciation. You’re great.
We had a leak and no hot water. Apollo came out same day and not only fixed the problem but made it better and gave us some good advice on our system. Very reasonable and great communication. Would definitely recommend.
Don is always so helpful and knowledgeable. I really appreciate all the crew members on the Apollo team. I'm a Property Manager so typically I will have several projects for Apollo to address during a single visit. They are easy to interact with and EXCELLENT plumbers. I highly recommend Apollo.
Scott, I would like to personally thank you for expediting our plumbing crisis we recently had. If the situation was not resolved immediately we would have had to close for a couple of days. This occured on a Friday for for us a pizza restaurant this would of been devastating. Thank you so much.
STARK STREET PIZZA COMPANY
It's my absolute pleasure to recommend Karen Johnson at Apollo Plumbing Service. I have had the pleasure of taking a class taught by Karen. Her knowledge and expertise is a huge advantage to my entire office. I know if I am in a pinch I can call the office and talk to someone! Their customer service is truly amazing, and I have had compliments from customers in the past.
NEXTHOME NW REALTY
We are a Wendy's Restaurant franchisee in Vancouver, Washington and I want to personally thank Scott and his crew at Apollo for invaluable and excellent service to our restaurants over the last several years. We have used Scott's company after failing miserably with Apollo's many competitors. We tried every one before discovering the extraordinary service we enjoy from Scott and his techs.