Common Plumbing Issues
As a family-owned and –operated plumbing company, Apollo Drain & Rooter Service proudly serves customers throughout Washington and Oregon. We understand the value of an efficient plumbing system, so when your drains and pipes are showing signs of trouble, we can help. Our talented team of residential and commercial plumbing specialists has up-to-date equipment, industry-leading skills, and competitively priced plumbing services. Give us a call when your home or office is experiencing plumbing woes and let us bring reliable results and outstanding customer service to your project.
Common Northwest Plumbing Issues
Apollo Drain & Rooter Service has been in business since 1984, which means we have dealt with a great number of plumbing issues. From simple maintenance work to complex replacement projects, our knowledgeable technicians have solved an array of plumbing complications, but along the way, we have noticed that a few issues pop up more frequently than others. Some of the common plumbing issues we have handled include, but are not limited to:
- Low water pressure. Cracks, corrosion, blockages, old and damaged fixtures, or other issues can cause low water pressure. We know how frustrating it can be when you don’t get an adequate water supply when you need it, so we offer inspection services that can quickly detect what’s causing pressure problems. Using the information gained from the inspection, our friendly technicians can customize an appropriate repair solution to restore the performance capacity of your Oregon pipes.
- Slow drains. Slow drainage, especially when accompanied by foul sewage smells, gurgling sounds, and low water pressure, can indicate a clog or other serious problem within your pipeline. If you notice strange symptoms and slow drains, Apollo Drain & Rooter Service can clean your pipes effectively and bring functionality back to your plumbing system.
- Leaking pipes. Pipe leaks can show themselves through higher-than-normal water bills, mold or mildew growth, cracks in your home’s foundation, or wet and soggy spots in your outdoor spaces. Leaking pipes can cause extreme damage, but our state-of-the-art leak detection equipment can help us pinpoint even the smallest of leaks. Our skilled experts can find the precise area of the leak and repair it using up-to-date, highly effective techniques.
- Frozen pipes. In Oregon, Washington, and the entire Pacific Northwest region, freezing pipes are a common problem. When temperatures drop below freezing, be on the lookout for frost on and around your pipes, reduced water flow from your fixtures, and foul odors coming into your home or office through your drains. These symptoms of a frozen pipe shouldn’t be taken lightly, and our team can professionally thaw them out and move forward with effective repair or replacement services.
- Sewer backups. A stubborn clog, invasive tree root, excessive corrosion, or some other blockage can cut off the flow of your sewer pipes. With nowhere to go but back up, the wastewater you flushed out of your home or office could overflow back in through your fixtures. In these situations, Apollo Drain & Rooter Service can respond with a plan to remove the obstruction and make any necessary pipeline repairs promptly.
- Pipe clogs. A number of things can clog your Washington pipes. Think about everything that goes through your drains on a daily basis. Everything from hair and oil to grease and food particles can make their way into your plumbing. Over time, those substances can build up within your pipes and develop into severe clogs that can threaten the integrity of your plumbing system. If you suspect a clogged pipe, our technicians can complete a thorough inspection and use a durable drain cleaning solution to remove the blockage.
How to Avoid Common Plumbing Issues
From clogged pipes to sewage backups and everything in between, our team has a variety of solutions to remove the problem and get your plumbing system back up and running. We’re proud of our dependable services and we’re always happy to help, but there are some things you can do to minimize the risk of plumbing system damage in the first place.
One easy way to avoid common plumbing issues is to be very considerate of what you allow into your drains. Once you flush something out of sight, it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s gone from your life forever. Diapers, tampons and sanitary pads, coffee grounds, food, paper towels, paint, grease, oil, and other products that can’t easily decompose can get stuck inside your pipes and cause debilitating damage to your pipeline. By not sending those items into your drains in the first place, you can help extend the life of your plumbing and help avoid plumbing system problems.
Another way to avoid common plumbing issues is to install drain traps. These are inexpensive, easy ways to capture the items that could cause harm inside your pipes. When correctly installed in your sinks, tubs, and showers, drain traps can reliably keep hair and solids from making their way into your Portland pipes. It should be noted, however, that drain traps can’t be solely responsible for safeguarding your pipeline. They do need to be routinely emptied, so try to make it a habit to remove trapped debris every time you use a fixture.
Watching what you send into your drains and installing drain traps can help you avoid common plumbing issues, but one of the best things you can do is invest in preventative maintenance. When our plumbing technicians routinely inspect and clean your pipes, we can eliminate small problems before they ever get a chance to grow into major complications. Removing clogs, repairing cracks, and fixing other damage in its earliest stages can help spare you from unexpected, expensive, and time consuming plumbing system deterioration down the road.
What to Do if You Experience a Plumbing Issue
If you are experiencing a plumbing issue, the first thing you should do is call Apollo Drain & Rooter Service. After listening to your concerns, we can visit your home or office and conduct an in-depth pipeline inspection. Our inspections are efficient and effective due to our high-resolution, innovative camera. The camera is attached to a long fiber-optic cable, and we can insert the camera into your pipe through a small access hole and control it from ground level as it maneuvers carefully through your Gresham pipeline. As the camera snakes through your pipe, it can record footage of its interior and transmit it up to our video screen. We can watch the footage and precisely identify where clogs, tree roots, cracks, corrosion, and other issues are located. Using that information, our team can then prepare an effective solution for restoring your pipes.
One of our effective plumbing solutions is drain cleaning. We offer hydro jetting, drain snaking, and rooter services as viable drain cleaning options. Which drain cleaning method works best depends on the specific circumstances, but regardless of the service you need, our team is expertly trained and highly skilled at cleaning out pipelines.
Beyond drain cleaning, we also offer no-dig trenchless repair and replacement services. If our camera inspection determines that your pipe needs repair, we can utilize trenchless cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) lining. In the pipe lining process, we can send a flexible pipe liner into your damaged pipe through a small entry point. We can saturate the liner with an environmentally safe epoxy resin solution, so when the liner is moved through your pipe, it can coat it’s interior wall with the epoxy resin. Then, we can inflate the liner. For several hours, the inflated liner can keep pressure on the epoxy resin, so when it hardens, we can remove the liner and leave you with a brand new and seamless pipe right inside the old one. Trenchless CIPP lining is an efficient way to repair your pipe without having to dig up and remove the old, deteriorating pipeline.
If your pipeline is heavily damaged, we can also use technologically advanced trenchless replacement services. We can send a specialized pipe bursting head into your damaged pipe through a small hole. Attached to the head is a new pipe, so as the bursting head moves forward and breaks your existing pipe into tiny fragments, the new pipe can move into its place. Once the bursting head reaches the exit point, we can hook the new pipe up to your plumbing system. Without excavation, we can destroy your old pipeline and build a long-lasting new one.
24/7 Emergency Plumbing Service
Beyond our trenchless technologies, reliable drain cleanings, and thorough inspections, we also provide 24/7 emergency plumbing services. If leaks, backups, or some other plumbing emergency is causing immediate damage to your residential or commercial structure, we can help. We understand that plumbing emergencies can happen at inconvenient times, but that doesn’t stop us from springing into action. Our team has an assortment of tools and techniques to identify the problem and get your plumbing system back in working order.
Schedule a Plumbing Service
If your residential or commercial plumbing system needs professional help, contact Apollo Drain & Rooter Services. Give our friendly team a call or contact us online and let our experts take care of your plumbing.
Fantastic customer service. We were out of town when tenants needed help with a plumbing issue. They let us know who was being dispatched to our house then followed up with a very detailed message post work. I would definitely use these guys again.
I can’t say enough good things about this company. Had a sewer repair needed and had a very short amount of time due to closing on a house sale. Every single person I encountered from Marquita doing logistics for my job to every member of the work crew. Friendly, communicated well, totally responsive and really cared to help me through this very stressful job. All of the people I encountered were role models for what a well run service business should be. Much thanks and appreciation. You’re great.
We had a leak and no hot water. Apollo came out same day and not only fixed the problem but made it better and gave us some good advice on our system. Very reasonable and great communication. Would definitely recommend.
Don is always so helpful and knowledgeable. I really appreciate all the crew members on the Apollo team. I'm a Property Manager so typically I will have several projects for Apollo to address during a single visit. They are easy to interact with and EXCELLENT plumbers. I highly recommend Apollo.
Scott, I would like to personally thank you for expediting our plumbing crisis we recently had. If the situation was not resolved immediately we would have had to close for a couple of days. This occured on a Friday for for us a pizza restaurant this would of been devastating. Thank you so much.
STARK STREET PIZZA COMPANY
It's my absolute pleasure to recommend Karen Johnson at Apollo Plumbing Service. I have had the pleasure of taking a class taught by Karen. Her knowledge and expertise is a huge advantage to my entire office. I know if I am in a pinch I can call the office and talk to someone! Their customer service is truly amazing, and I have had compliments from customers in the past.
NEXTHOME NW REALTY
We are a Wendy's Restaurant franchisee in Vancouver, Washington and I want to personally thank Scott and his crew at Apollo for invaluable and excellent service to our restaurants over the last several years. We have used Scott's company after failing miserably with Apollo's many competitors. We tried every one before discovering the extraordinary service we enjoy from Scott and his techs.