Did you know that you can make a chunky candle holder out of copper pipe pieces? When you’re done, you can spray paint it any color you want so it will go with your decor. Use these as Fall decorations, then make some more for next Spring! This design makes a holder for 4 taper candles, though once you know the process, you can expand it for as many candles as you like.
- ½” copper pipe (at least 24”)
- 4 ½” 90 degree copper elbow fittings
- 4 ½” copper tee fittings
- 4 ½” to ¾” copper pipe reducers
(If you don’t know where to find any of the above parts, just ask for help at your local hardware store!”)
- 2-part epoxy
- Ratcheting pipe cutter
- Spray paint in your desired color
- Remove all stickers from the pipes and clean them with acetone.
- Lay out your tees and elbows and place them where you want them in your final product.
- Decide how much pipe you want between the elbows and tees. (We went with 2”.)
- Mark 2” on the plain piece of copper pipe and cut it with your ratcheting pipe cutter. For the candle holder in our demo, you will need 12 of these segments.
- Glue the pipes for the base of the candle holder together using the 2-part epoxy. Make sure your tees are facing up before the glue sets.
- Glue 2” sections of pipe into each of the upward-facing tees.
- Glue the reducers into those upward facing sections of pipe. These change the pipe diameter to ¾”, which fits many taper candles perfectly!
- When it’s dry, spray paint the entire candle holder with the spray paint. You may need to use more than one coat to fully cover the copper.
- Display as desired.
These candle holders offer easy ways to decorate your home. They are also perfect as table decorations at weddings, in a spooky Halloween haunted house, and more! If you make one, we’d love to see it! Send a picture of your creation to Apollo Drain today!
Fantastic customer service. We were out of town when tenants needed help with a plumbing issue. They let us know who was being dispatched to our house then followed up with a very detailed message post work. I would definitely use these guys again.
I can’t say enough good things about this company. Had a sewer repair needed and had a very short amount of time due to closing on a house sale. Every single person I encountered from Marquita doing logistics for my job to every member of the work crew. Friendly, communicated well, totally responsive and really cared to help me through this very stressful job. All of the people I encountered were role models for what a well run service business should be. Much thanks and appreciation. You’re great.
We had a leak and no hot water. Apollo came out same day and not only fixed the problem but made it better and gave us some good advice on our system. Very reasonable and great communication. Would definitely recommend.
Don is always so helpful and knowledgeable. I really appreciate all the crew members on the Apollo team. I'm a Property Manager so typically I will have several projects for Apollo to address during a single visit. They are easy to interact with and EXCELLENT plumbers. I highly recommend Apollo.
Scott, I would like to personally thank you for expediting our plumbing crisis we recently had. If the situation was not resolved immediately we would have had to close for a couple of days. This occured on a Friday for for us a pizza restaurant this would of been devastating. Thank you so much.
STARK STREET PIZZA COMPANY
It's my absolute pleasure to recommend Karen Johnson at Apollo Plumbing Service. I have had the pleasure of taking a class taught by Karen. Her knowledge and expertise is a huge advantage to my entire office. I know if I am in a pinch I can call the office and talk to someone! Their customer service is truly amazing, and I have had compliments from customers in the past.
NEXTHOME NW REALTY
We are a Wendy's Restaurant franchisee in Vancouver, Washington and I want to personally thank Scott and his crew at Apollo for invaluable and excellent service to our restaurants over the last several years. We have used Scott's company after failing miserably with Apollo's many competitors. We tried every one before discovering the extraordinary service we enjoy from Scott and his techs.