Family-owned plumbing/drain cleaning/excavation company is growing and we’re looking for someone with experience to work with our excavation crews.
What are YOU looking for?
- Are you looking for a place you can call “home”, where you can stay for the long-term?
- Are you looking for steady work (40 hours each week)? But with a company that still values family time?
- Are you looking to join a company that is on the leading edge of technology (ask about CIPP), and one of a very few companies in the area that have this technology?
- Are you looking for a company that will value your skills and experience?
- Are you looking for a company that values your loyalty?
Then stop looking and send in your resume!!!
If you have a CDL - that’s a plus!! Our Excavation department repairs main sewer lines, rain drains, and water service lines all across the Portland and Vancouver metro areas. We do spot repairs & trenching, and also provide many trenchless options including boring, bursting & CIPP lining.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ONLY need apply.
Facilitate the selling and scheduling of bid jobs, from preparing the proposals through to job completion. As a crew lead, you coordinate the activities and training of the crews. The crew leader is responsible for the coordination and operation of a crew consisting of up to 4 diverse members. The ideal candidate will also have experience operating various excavation equipment, such as a backhoe, drilling/boring machine and a bursting machine.
- Prepare proposals, request locates and pull required permits for jobs bid in excess of $1000.
- Scheduling the job, including the assignment of all necessary equipment and personnel.
- Must ensure receipt of all necessary documentation, including signed contract, lien forms, etc.
- Work with numerous subcontractors, when necessary.
- Work with customers to address any service-related concerns.
- Coordinate, organize, and direct the activities of your assigned crew.
- Provide training and technical assistance to crew members as needed.
- Responsible for determining what equipment and supplies are needed to each job, each day.
- Responsible for work flow, tools, and vehicle maintenance of specific project and crew that are assigned to you.
- Collaborates with co-workers and supervisors in management of projects to ensure project deadlines are maintained.
- Regular attendance and punctuality is a requirement of this position.
- A professional manner, and the ability to communicate effectively with other employees, customers and the general public.
- Follow all company and OSHA regulated safety procedures.
- Accepts and performs work as assigned.
- Daily driving of various company vehicles.
- Communicating with customers, when needed, to “sell” the job.
- Work with various city inspectors and other city personnel to address permit issues.
- May operate various excavation equipment, including mini-excavators, backhoes, drilling/boring machines, bursting machines, jackhammers and concrete saws.
- CDL drivers may, on occasion, drive various company vehicles (including towing equipment) that require a CDL license.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Typing skills and some working knowledge of computers and software.
- Previous background should include experience and ability to deal with customers.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure and at a fast pace.
- Good knowledge of Portland and Vancouver metro areas to facilitate efficient routing.
- Minimum 1 year experience as a crew leader.
- Valid driver’s license, insurable driving record, and must provide own transportation to shop each day. Having your own vehicle is ESSENTIAL.
- Knowledge and understanding of sewer systems a plus!
- Knowledge and understanding of OSHA requirements, including confined space.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background test and UA. If you can’t pass either of these — don’t apply !!!
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- This position will primarily work outside in all types of weather conditions and environments.
- The noise level in the environment may be loud and may require PPE.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 80 lbs, push & pull up to 80 lbs, and stand or walk for up to 8 hours each day.
- Must be able to dig / excavate for up to 6 hrs in a day.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; hear.
We offer great benefits, including health/dental/vision coverage, 401k, sick pay/PTO. And a great place to work!!!
If you have any questions about this posting feel free to contact our Excavation Supervisor, Ryan Bird 503.669.0774 (office) or 503.704.5454 (cell)