PiPipe Lining Is the Nondestructive Way to Repair Pipes
Sewer repair used to take days or weeks to complete and wreaked havoc on property. Thankfully, modern pipe lining methods have changed that.
Sewer problems shut down plumbing systems. Homeowners can’t use the dishwasher, clothes washer, showers, toilet or kitchen sink. Companies with damaged sewer pipes find it hard to open for business.
Pipe Lining Streamlines Sewer Repair
With advanced technology, sewer repair now uses a less invasive method that creates a new pipe within the existing pipe. Trenchless technologies are a significant improvement over digging holes to locate the source of a sewer problem, then lifting out the old pipe and inserting a new one in its place.
Pipe lining is also known as CIPP (cured-in-place) pipe repair. It involves the use of tubing and epoxy resins that allow technicians to create a new pipe within the old pipe. The new pipe is as strong, durable and functional as the original one.
What Causes Sewer Line Problems?
Sewer clogs and damage have a range of causes. Wear and tear on the old pipe, causing calcification, is one of the most common. Clogs from debris and grease can also lead to a sewer line shutdown.
Roots can grow into the joints of old pipes, creating a clog and cracks. If the ground shifts from seismic activity or heavy equipment and construction, it can lead to misalignment of pipes.
Advantages of the Pipe Lining Method
- Pipe lining or CIPP is less invasive than old methods. There is no need to dig through landscaping, sidewalks, patios, driveways, walls, floors and streets. Technicians need to gain access to one or two small entry holes.
- After pipe lining, the sewer system has better flow efficiency.
- CIPP is effective in getting rid of intruding roots and leaks.
- Even pipes that angle and bend can be repaired.
- CIPP technicians can repair damaged areas, without the need to replace the entire pipe system.
- CIPP pipe lining costs less. The repair time is shorter, reducing labor costs. The property owner doesn’t need to restore the landscaping, driveway, walls, and other structures.
- Doing the repair work without delay prevents overall pipe failure.
- It is suitable for both historical and modern properties. It doesn’t damage older buildings.
- It is the environmentally friendly choice, and the pipes can last up to 50 years.
- It’s fast. In most cases the work can be finished in a day.
Contact the CIPP Pipe Lining Experts
Apollo Drain and Rooter Service has been helping businesses and homeowners keep their plumbing in good shape since 1984. We are experts in repairing sewer lines with CIPP.
Apollo is the Portland, Oregon area’s choice for CIPP pipe lining. We are certified as cured-in-place installers and have extensive training and experience.
Contact Apollo today to see if CIPP technology is right for you.