At Apollo Plumbing Service, we offer pipeline cutting options for effectively removing portions of pipelines. To achieve this safely and without extensive excavation, we have cured-in-place (CIPP) robotic cutting services. Our technology and equipment are among some of the most advanced in the industry, and we are proud to offer our services to customers residing in both Oregon and Washington.
CIPP Robotic Cutting Services in Portland, OR
CIPP robotic cutting carves out service connections after CIPP installation. A CIPP robotic cutter travels down passages that are too small or dangerous to enter. This equipment is outfitted with video cameras and blades, allowing our technicians to carefully navigate and control the robots as they provide full functionality to the newly installed pipes. CIPP robotic cutting is the best way to reinstate the lateral or service connections in a newly formed CIPP (cured-in-place pipe) system. Robot cutters allow technicians to access the new pipe without needing to dig or create destruction on properties.
How Cured-in-Place Pipe Lining is Performed
CIPP is formed by a flexible lining which hardens in place. The lining repairs damage in the old pipe. One of the advantages of CIPP is that the new pipeline doesn’t have seams. This jointless construction eliminates weak points and results in a seamless, smooth liner.
CIPP repairs damaged pipes without digging or destruction. CIPP uses a combination of old-fashioned plumbing skills and high-tech methods to create a liner that hardens into a new pipe a few hours after installation. The procedure is quicker than traditional types of pipe replacement. The process involves several, important steps:
- A technician examines the pipe with a sewer camera. The camera is inserted into a cleanout, an opening used to access pipes. The camera is pushed through the pipe and sends video to a monitor. This inspection is quick and allows our experts to diagnose various problems and areas of concern in the pipes, such as corrosion, collapsed joints, and other problems.
- The technician will recommend the best course to repair the pipe. The pipe may need to be cleaned before its condition can be accurately assessed. We have various cleaning methods that we deploy depending on the type of pipeline material found in the system as well as its age.
- If CIPP lining is decided to be the best course of action for repairing the pipe, our technicians will prepare a lining and insert it through the cleanout. No excavation will be required as we utilize the same access point established in our inspection.
- The liner is inverted with water or hot air. The inversion allows epoxy resin to be applied to the inside of the pipe, covering corrosion and filling cracks. The resin-saturated material is cured using heat, light, or steam over the course of a few hours.
- After the liner has been installed and is determined to have cured smoothly, we deploy our robotic cutters to allow movement through the system connections. The high-speed blades safely cut through the liner, and after the first, rough cut, we may attach different blades to refine the connections and establish smooth water and waste flow.
CIPP lining creates a pipe that will last for 50 years or longer. It’s a method that’s safe, economical, and causes less inconvenience than methods that require excavation. Cracks, holes, and leaks are repaired with this trenchless technology. Connections that carry water to or from the mainline are also blocked during the installation, and leaving them covered is problematic. For the times when pipes contain these connections, we use our robotic cutters to restore them.
Apollo Plumbing Service is certified to install CIPP trenchless systems. Our technicians have the training and experience that ensure the job is done right. CIPP lining relies on different technologies that require knowledge and skill to be deployed, as well as equipment and systems to be completely effective. Our IMS Robots are part of this process and improve the efficiency of our work.
Why IMS Robotics Makes Our Services the Best in OR and WA State
Apollo Drain utilizes IMS Robot, a state-of-the-art, high-speed method of trimming and cutting intruding lateral connections within your sewer line. It’s a gentle, non-destructive technique that grinds clay tile, PVC pipe, concrete, or cast-iron pipes. It’s an effective and soft method of pipe removal can prevent fractures and splitting of the lateral pipe, saving the extensive amount of time and money that can go into repairing these damages.
IMS Robots Allows Apollo to Offer Trusted, High-Quality Work
IMS Robotics provides a wide range of features that provide a level of control that keeps your project precise and safe. They offer the leading sewer main repair machine that allows our team to complete all rehabilitation work with accuracy and precision. From adjusting the powerful LED lighting, an adjustable arm that moves both vertically, horizontally, and a tool holder that rotates 360 degrees, this diversity of motion makes hard to reach areas accessible and manageable for our experts.
We can determine if we need to adjust the light or rotate the grinder with the camera that can pan up and down. In addition, it also features an adjustable focus and a crystal-clear lens so that we always have a perfect view of the pipes. The low center of gravity and substantial weight keeps the robot secure and stable in the sewer so additional methods don’t need to be taken to secure it.
Versatility for Even the Most Delicate Project
With the IMS Robotics, Apollo Plumbing Service can take on a variety of projects only using one manhole for access. The robotic cutting and grinding features include:
- Self-propelled cutter
- Powerful grinding and cutting tool
- Fast CIPP reinstatement service
- Includes chisel for removing concrete in pipelines
- Inserts and removes mechanical plugs into lateral pipes
- Strong and precise cutting function
- Cuts through CIPP lifts or turn-backs
- Removes resin sludge out of lateral lines
Schedule Robotic Cutting Services with Apollo Plumbing Service
If you have a project that requires a gentle, expert approach utilizing the best robotic cutting technology in the industry, contact Apollo Plumbing Service today. We are your CIPP certified expert technicians in the Portland, Oregon and Vancouver, Washington areas, and our work is guaranteed to be of the highest quality and produce excellent and affordable results. Call us today!
Fantastic customer service. We were out of town when tenants needed help with a plumbing issue. They let us know who was being dispatched to our house then followed up with a very detailed message post work. I would definitely use these guys again.
I can’t say enough good things about this company. Had a sewer repair needed and had a very short amount of time due to closing on a house sale. Every single person I encountered from Marquita doing logistics for my job to every member of the work crew. Friendly, communicated well, totally responsive and really cared to help me through this very stressful job. All of the people I encountered were role models for what a well run service business should be. Much thanks and appreciation. You’re great.
We had a leak and no hot water. Apollo came out same day and not only fixed the problem but made it better and gave us some good advice on our system. Very reasonable and great communication. Would definitely recommend.
Don is always so helpful and knowledgeable. I really appreciate all the crew members on the Apollo team. I'm a Property Manager so typically I will have several projects for Apollo to address during a single visit. They are easy to interact with and EXCELLENT plumbers. I highly recommend Apollo.
Scott, I would like to personally thank you for expediting our plumbing crisis we recently had. If the situation was not resolved immediately we would have had to close for a couple of days. This occured on a Friday for for us a pizza restaurant this would of been devastating. Thank you so much.
STARK STREET PIZZA COMPANY
It's my absolute pleasure to recommend Karen Johnson at Apollo Plumbing Service. I have had the pleasure of taking a class taught by Karen. Her knowledge and expertise is a huge advantage to my entire office. I know if I am in a pinch I can call the office and talk to someone! Their customer service is truly amazing, and I have had compliments from customers in the past.
NEXTHOME NW REALTY
We are a Wendy's Restaurant franchisee in Vancouver, Washington and I want to personally thank Scott and his crew at Apollo for invaluable and excellent service to our restaurants over the last several years. We have used Scott's company after failing miserably with Apollo's many competitors. We tried every one before discovering the extraordinary service we enjoy from Scott and his techs.